Agreement with Sage Graduate School Occupational Therapy Program
Articulation Agreement with The Sage Colleges School of Health Sciences Occupational Therapy Program:
Hartwick College and The Sage Colleges of Health Sciences have developed a collaborative agreement to provide qualified students from Hartwick College who wish to pursue an MS in Occupational Therapy (OT) from their Sage Graduate Schools (SGS) preferred admissions as indicated below. This collaborative program provides for:
- Preferred acceptance (on a space available basis) into the Sage Graduate Schools for students who have completed occupational therapy program course prerequisites and with completed application;
- Waiver of the Sage Graduate Schools application fee;
- Access to Sage advisors to coordinate undergraduate electives and coursework to reduce or eliminate prerequisites in the graduate program;
- Opportunity to apply early for Graduate Assistantships in the Sage Graduate Schools.
Terms of the Agreement:
Hartwick College students will receive preferred admission to the Sage School of Health Sciences for the MS in OT degree, who demonstrate the following:
- earned baccalaureate degree;
- minimum overall 3.25 GPA that includes completion of occupational therapy program prerequisite courses with grades of C or better.
Requirements for Placement in the Sage Graduate School OT Program:
To be given priority in placement in the OT program students agree to submit the following information:
By June 1of the year preceding graduation from Hartwick College:
- Submit completed Graduate application packet with supplemental documents (fee waived):
- Current resume
- Clinical observation form
- Programprerequisite record
- OT program academic standards statement
- Career goals statement/personal essay
- All forms can be found at: http://www.sage.edu/academics/health_sciences/programs/occupational_therapy/admission/
- Mail to: The Sage Graduate School, Offce of Admissions, 65 First Street, Troy, NY 12180
- Email the OT Department, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Sage Graduate School Admissions, email@example.com, indicating application has been submitted via Articulation Agreement with indicated school.
- Submit official transcripts from all college institutions attended.
- Submit two letters of reference from the Hartwick College psychology or sociology faculty, or equivalent faculty representative.
Within 30 Days of Acceptance:
- Make enrollment deposit of $50 (non-refundable, though to be applied toward graduate tuition).
Upon graduationfrom Hartwick College:
- Submit official transcripts documenting completion of undergraduate degree and OT Program prerequisite courses.
- Submit Clinical Observation Document: 20 hours of clinical observation with an occupational therapist.
Hartwick Courses that Meet the Sage Graduate School OT Program Prerequisites:
- BIOL 206 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 207 Anatomy & Physiology II
- PHYS 140 or PHYS 201 General Physics I
- MATH 108 Statistics or PSYC 291 Experimental Statistics
- PSYC 110 or 111 Psychological Science I, II
- PSYC 301 Developmental Psychology
- PSYC 302 Clinical Psychology: Abnormal
- ANTH 105 Introduction to Anthropology OR ANTH 223 Cultural Anthropology OR SOCI 105 Introduction to Sociology
For more information about the program contact Joe Ficano, Hartwick's Coordinator of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising, firstname.lastname@example.org.