Peer Tutorial Program
Peer Tutorial services are provided, free of charge, to help refine students’ study skills as well as provide them with assistance in most subjects.
- Peer tutors are students who are recommended by faculty or chosen by the Tutor Coordinator on the basis of strong performance in a specific course.
- Many peer tutors enjoy tutoring just for the experience of helping fellow students succeed in courses in which they have done well themselves.
- Tutoring is an opportunity for students to share their enthusiasm for a course as well as their strategies and techniques for learning the material effectively.
- Tutors get paid for their time and the hours worked can be used toward work study or college employment based on eligibility
Who is eligible for tutoring services?
- All Hartwick College students are eligible for a peer tutor. There are occasions where a tutor may not be available in a course.
- Students are encouraged to first speak with their instructor and if they are taking a class that offers Supplemental Instructors, they are urged to first meet with them during SI hours.
How do I get a tutor?
Peer tutoring is available to students in a variety of courses and subject areas. Please stop by the Loft in the Stevens-German Library to fill out a Tutor Request Form. Once this paperwork is complete and turned in to the Loft, you will be matched with an appropriate tutor for the course/courses you select.
Loft Walk-in Tutoring Services now available for the 2012 Fall Semester.
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, please contact Jason Stanton at firstname.lastname@example.org or x4661.
To download these documents online, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download a free copy.